Norman Vine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> Jim Wilson writes:
> >
> > Starting with --start-date-lat=2002:07:01:20:00:00 (default airport), I'm
> > seeing a sudden change in lighting after about a minute or so, attached is the
> > log output.  I'm not sure if this is significant,  but the actually sky
> > location of the sun graphic doesn't seem to move.
>
> Try adding  fgUpdateSkyAndLightingParams();  as the last thing before
> passing control to fgMainLoop() in fgIdleFunction()

That didn't work.  If I add this bit of code right before the fgRenderFrame()
call in the main loop it works.

// PLEASE!  This is NOT a patch.  Don't add to CVS.

    static bool first_time_2=true;
    static int countfromstart = 0;
    if (first_time_2) {
        fgUpdateSkyAndLightingParams();
        countfromstart ++;
        if (countfromstart > 1) first_time_2 = false;
    }

This isn't a fix, it is just a clue as to what the problem is.  Apparently
looking at the code, if the function is called the _second_ pass through the
main loop then it works.

I'd follow this through myself but I've got to go see a client this morning.
Just want to post this in case it rang a bell for someone.

Best,

Jim