Jim Wilson writes:
> "Curtis L. Olson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
>
> > Lee Elliott has just contributed an AN225 to the FlightGear project
> > and I have just committed it to CVS.  This aircraft is the biggest one
> > built for FlightGear so far and it flies and looks really nice.
> >

> And the 747-400 quietly steps aside :-)
>
> BTW the only thing that might be bigger would be a spruce goose,  but nothing
> will beat the an-225 for capacity (close to double the 747?).  How much runway
> does it need at mto weight?

Not sure, Lee has done a bit of research so he probably would know.
It has a huge wing and 6 engines so it may not be all that bad.  The
only thing that is missing is the Soviet space shuttle to go on
top. :-)

Curtis Olson   HumanFIRST Program               FlightGear Project
Twin Cities    curt 'at' me.umn.edu             curt 'at' flightgear.org