> Suggestion 2
> -------------------
> We need at least one properly/accurately modeled aircraft that we
> can show off.
> I'm talking nice visually (high poly count) and with an accurate
> flight model.
> Most people using recent commercial flightsims are running > 1.5
> GHz PCs with
> at least 64MB GeForce 4's so poly counts can be fairly high.

Well, I think the X-15 generally works pretty good, but I need to revisit it
and finish off the things I've always meant to finish up.

> BTW : I took the Cessna 172 for a flip and was dissapointed. The

> At full throttle and a 1500 fpm decent it wouldn't go over 140
> knots. In real life it would hit VNE very quickly.

Interesting.  Can you give more specifics of your test?  This is
theoretically one of our most detailed flight models.  Maybe you've found a
rough edge.  Can you give the command line you used to start this up, and
which version did you use?

Thanks (and welcome)!

Jon Berndt
Coordinator,
JSBSim Project (a Flight Dynamics Model used in FlightGear)
www.jsbsim.org