Curtis L. Olson wrote:
> It appears (to me) to be a property setting problem.  Andy, does
> nasal have the ability to dump console output for temporary
> debugging?

Sure, there's a print() function which uses SG_LOG; for exactly this
purpose.  There's even a fancy dump() method on a property node that
you can use to dump a property tree to the console.

It turns out to be a missing feature in the C++ code.  The
Node.getChild() function worked for the getChild(name) variant, but
silently ignored the second argument for a getChild(name, index).  I
just forgot to write it, apparently. :)

An additional issue was that the number of /sim/selected/engines[n]
properties (one) in the default configuration didn't match the actual
number of engines, so engine 2 would always look "unselected".  I
fixed this via a Nasal hack that patches things up after
initialization, but we should consider unifying these trees somehow
(for example, by putting the selected properties under
/controls/engines).

Anyway, this should be fixed.  You'll need to do a rebuild and get a
new controls.nas file out of the base package.

Andy