> David Megginson wrote:
> > In the planes I've flown -- admittedly not a wide range of types --
> > holding rudder generally induces a bank before there's a significant
> > change in flight direction (as opposed to just heading).
>
> Right, you need to hold it in the slip with opposing ailerons
> (aerodynamically, it's no different than holding a slip for a
> crosswind landing, which also requires cross controlling).  But
> nonetheless if you can produce a side force, you can turn the airplane
> with it.  The underlying physics doesn't know what a "wing" or is.

sorry guys, I don't know what to belive in anymore  :)
I'll think about this on weekend, but anyway, wheter to use rudder or not.
Take the A320 (on FG) and watch the ball. All I want to know, which property to
use for trigger function to keep the ball centered.
since you discussed this topic so deeply, I'm sure someone can name me the
property...

markus