On Fri,  9 Jan 2004 00:09:08 +0100
 Hof Markus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Take the A320 (on FG) and watch the ball. All I want to know, which property to use for trigger function to keep the ball centered.
since you discussed this topic so deeply, I'm sure someone can name me the property...

I've been thinking about this a little bit for a while. For an automatic turn, you may want to play around with this approach:

1) Once you know how far you want to turn, you know your "heading error".
2) Command a roll proportional to the heading error, where the roll angle is limited to, say, 30 degrees (what's a standard max roll angle?).
3) Command the elevator to maintain a normal acceleration at the steady level value (0 or 1 g?) *plus* 1/cos(bank_angle).
4) Command the rudder to drive beta to zero

I think something like that ought to work.

Jon