>    I see what you're doing now.  You are letting them just use
> the nose, and
> then shifting the FDM nose point until the FDM center is near the
> visual center.

Not really. The FDM still calculates the position of the CG of the aircraft.
It's just that we know exactly where the agreed-upon MRP is at all moments
of time, so we calculate that and give it to FlightGear. We could just as
easily agree that the wingtip was the "common known point", calculate that,
and have FlightGear place the 3D model in the view so that the wingtip was
at the specified point. The only thing the FDM does as an auxiliary
calculation to aid the 3D model placement is to additionally calculate the
MRP position in world space and make that available to FlightGear. Or, at
least, we will when I code it.

Jon