On January the 22nd I wrote:
Since Slackware will use Alsa sound from version 9.1 and onwards I would like to mention a sound problem with some planes. Running --aircraft=c310-yasim I'll get no plane sound, just the OM and
MM tweets.

Sorry, I would been clear about what the sound problem actually is. :o)

Running Flightgear with Alsa I have very little sound from the airplanes. I hear the the engine and tyre squeeks from the default Cessna and jet-engine sounds from the 747.

It would be very nice to know how sound is transported in Flightgear and how I could persuade the other planes to send the same kind of sound as the two working planes. When the next kernel hits us we have to live with Alsa I think.

I can redo OSS in Slackware 9.0 since there's too much work involved to remove Alsa from Slack 9.1.

My spec is a Soundblaster Live! Player on an 1400MHz AMD Thunderbird, Asus A7M mobo.

Regards,

Roger Andreassen.