I was formerly using flightgear-devel but someone suggested to adress technical problems here. ;-)

Since Slackware will use Alsa sound from version 9.1 and onwards I would like to mention a sound problem with some planes. Running --aircraft=c310-yasim I'll get no plane sound, just the OM and
MM tweets.

Let's say Alsa "just works" under the 2.6 kernels. Matevz used to have my Alsa problem:

http://baron.flightgear.org/pipermail/flightgear-devel/2004-February/025713.html

Yes, we know about the cause, but I don't have the technical skill to know "why". (I hope this isn't trolling):

http://baron.flightgear.org/pipermail/flightgear-devel/2004-February/025713.html

I had no hang or freeze, but sometimes FG exited with no message. Anyway, for the the Nvidia card to work with 2.6, the newest driver is mandatory. Is it OK to recommend all Alsa-users to move to kernel 2.6? I did bc I caught word of Slackware 9.1 being 2.6-ready. Cool interface for KDE users btw. :-)

Is it anything vital which need re-compiling when running kernel 2.6.x on a regular basis? I use a tuner card as a PVR by a cronjob and those modules wouldn't come up as usual. Slackware uses a script in /etc/rc.d to load sound modules and it's such a dog to switch between the kernels. If the right man used to Slackware could give a hint...

I'd like to check out that F-16 now.

Regards,

Roger Andreassen.