On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 13:09:30 -0700
 Russell Suter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

So then the pilot's eyepoint is relative to the dynamic CG? I guess I just assumed JSBSim reported a position from a
fixed point on the aircraft. Ack! Would your VRP then become the point from which the pilot's eyepoint is derived?

All JSBSim points are defined in structural frame (including the VRP). All of these are fixed in that frame except the CG - which may move as fuel burns off. This is another reason why the VRP is reported. The offset from the VRP to the JSBSim eyepoint is constant.

The JSBSim pilot eyepoint isn't used by flightgear, though.

Jon