On 2/27/04 at 11:56 AM David Megginson wrote:
>The way to fix all this is to decouple the subsystems using properties so
>that there is no init-order dependency (and no need for unrelated
>subsystems
>to know about other subsystems' internals), but I see at least 4-8 hours'
>work sorting out the mess, so it won't be this week.

Whilst on the subject of initialisation order, currently the tile manager
gets initialised before an initial position is set.  This means that it
loads a set of tiles centered on lat/lon of 0,0, and then loads a set of
tiles at the correct location.  In conditions of limited visibility, this
can result in forced tile deletion messages and a stutter during forced
deletion at some point in the flight since the tilemanager thinks it can't
keep up with deletion, but is in fact due to having twice as many tiles as
necessary (exacerbated by the fact that visibility doesn't get picked up
properly for several iterations).  Moving the tile manager init to occur
after the view manager init would be a good thing IMHO, to prevent the
doesn't seem to break anything).

Cheers - Dave