"Curtis L. Olson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I have also seen
> some wierdness in the tile scheduling/caching lately too.  I'm not sure
> what's going on there.  I started to investigate, but ran out of time the
> day I was looking at it.  It seems like at times we get into a situation
> where the tile cache isn't big enough for the set of local tiles and it
> thrashes.  That shouldn't happen, but there are some wierd view manager
> dependencies in there that I'm not even close to understanding.

That could be my fault.  The new AI traffic determines ground elevation in the same
manner as the fdm, and can probably significantly pollute the tile cache since much of
the traffic still exists out of visual, but within radio, range.  I've been testing a
patch whereby the AI traffic simply uses the airport elev when out of visual range,
and switches to 'proper' elevation if it comes within visual range, which should
significantly alleviate this problem.

Cheers - Dave