Orthonormalize wrote:

here are my observations:

1) the autoconf/configure process is extremely fickle. in my opinion there
are way too many "configurations" for flightgear. the problem seems in
trying to support every platform "out of the box", fightgear supports no
platform. i know that sounds harsh but try building it on a spare
laptop/desktop you have hanging around that has never seen any development
tools before.

Hehe, I can get it to work on almost anything. That's the beauty of FlightGear. There are just a few issues that one needs to know.

    -my solution: prebuild a few Lowest Common Denominator configurations
(say lynux,windows and mac) and then call  it a day.

No. It seems you are trying to find another project aren't you?

2) there seems to be a lot of code that is in transition, like the
WeatherCM, Scripting modules. i was only able to compile after deleting
these.

To be honest, I think that has nothing to do with the code in FlightGear. Dozens of developers have these parts working for them.

I wish I could give some better support but then again, you don't want me around since I'm using IRIX.

Erik