Jon S Berndt wrote:

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 17:28:12 -0600
 "Curtis L. Olson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Martin Spott wrote:

Oooops, I wonder if we ever get the chance to do real testing before a release. I'm very well aware that this is primarily Curt's project

I apologize if the schedule was a bit compressed, but I have to work within the constraints of my own spare time too, since I have a full time job and a family to juggle along with everything else. I have to take my spare time slots when I can get them. It can take several hours to roll out a new release, significantly more than that if it's been a while since the last release. I estimate I put 30-40 hours into getting the 0.9.3 release ready.
Curt.

I can certainly sympathize with this, but does it make things harder to let the pre-releases sit there a bit longer, though? Even if it turns out that an opportune time passes by and they have to sit there a couple of days or a week longer, is that a bad thing?

The only bad thing is if in that extra 2 weeks or so, we get a bunch more additions and we have to start the process all over again ... We already have people holding off putting in new features and the longer we wait, the harder it is to hold these off ... especially when I'm not the only one with cvs write access.

All things are possible of course, but I had the time today, and don't know when I'll get a several hour chunk of time again in the near future.

Curtis Olson   Intelligent Vehicles Lab         FlightGear Project