David Megginson wrote:
> I agree with Curt.  There are two basic strategies for releasing:
> 2. Release often, testing every release only lightly.
> I think that #2 works better for most cases

What he said.

One way of looking at it is this: The goal isn't to produce individual
releases with the greatest quality, it's to produce the best software
we can with the resources available.  Waiting on releases for testing
means that developers have to put off contributions, bug reports on
those contributions then come in later than they would otherwise, the
bug fixes go in later and the next release gets pushed back.  We end
up doing less development and making fewer releases, which is *bad*
for software quality in the long run.

Andy