Curtis L. Olson writes:

> I understand that there are (or at least were) issues between SDL and
> cygwin, but perhaps it would be more productive to address that problem
> directly ...

I haven't heard of any one not being able to compile CVS FGFS because
of GLUT but this is not the point I am trying to make

which is

> since we are now agnostic as pertains to the lowlevel OpenGL
> initialization routines I don't see why the choice of OpenGL toolkit
> used couldn't just be an option

This is easy todo as long as we only use those routines that are
GFX agnostic  i.e those defined in fg_os.hxx and pure OpenGL

This way it is up to the user compiling the code which underlaying
library is used

Cheers

Norman