Curtis L. Olson wrote:
> I understand that there are (or at least were) issues between SDL
> and cygwin, but perhaps it would be more productive to address that
> problem directly ...

Ah.  I honestly didn't know this.  I just assumed that cygwin was one
of their native platforms.  I just checked, and it's true that cygwin
doesn't ship an SDL library as part of the distribution.  I did find
the following README on the SDL website which seems to imply that the
process is pretty straightforward:

http://www.libsdl.org/extras/win32/cygwin/README.txt

It basically sounds like "configure && make && make install" is all
that is needed, with a few caveats about making sure to install
"extras" packages containing OpenGL and DirectX headers.

But remember: I think a native Win32 implementation would be pretty
cool, too. :)

Andy