After visiting Jon Berndt's revamped  JSBsim website and getting hooked on
heavies after my recent 747 tests, I decided to punch some MD-11 performance
data, which I picked up from http://www.aerospaceweb.org/aircraft/ into
aeromatic and --kinda to my surprise, being an aeronotical nono-- got
something that's actually flyable. I even managed one landing and take-off
yesterday.

Well, that's right. It happened in  that order :-) When I first tried loading
the MD11, it appeared to initialize a few hundred feet above the ground, and
then started tumbling down. The only way I could start the MD-11 was by using
the --altitude=10000 option and then wait until it gained enough airspeed to
recover from the stall.I looked through a few aircraft.xml and
aircraft-set.xml files to see if there's something I did obviously wrong, but
couldn't find anything apparent. Any thoughts, suggestions?

I just started this excersise as a fun project, but now, I'm kinda hooked,
would like to develop this little beast a bit further, and eventually
contribute it back to the project.

Cheers,
Durk