For an upcoming newsletter article I am [hopefully] writing an introduction to modeling aircraft flight dynamics in YASim.

For a subsequent issue of the newsletter I think I'd like to walk the reader through the process of creating a specific aircraft model in YASim. I have borrowed a POH for a Super King Air 200/200C which gives a *ton* of great information for modeling the aircraft's flight dynamics, so I think this would make a great candidate for this exercise. (It would be nice to have a few more turboprops in flightgear, and the king air is just a really cool design and would be good to have anyway.)

So my question is this. Are there any 3D modelers out there who would be interested in participating in this exercise by creating a (or adapting an existing?) 3D model for the King Air 200 and animating/texturing it? I don't know if there is any 3d models from MSFS land we could get permission to use/adapt?

Is there anyone who would like to do a 2D or 3D cockpit? We have a nice 2D cockpit for a Beech 99 (which is similar) so that might serve as a reasonable starting point.

At the end of the article, after the reader has walked through the process of building a king air dynamics model, it would be great if they could then drop it in with a nice 3d model and cockpit and go and fly it. If we wanted, these efforts to build the 3d model and cockpit could be documented and turn into sister articles for the newsletter, but that wouldn't be strictly necessary.

Any one interested in collaborating on this? Let me know.

Thanks!

Unique text: 2f585eeea02e2c79d7b1d8c4963bae2d