Jon S Berndt said:

> On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 15:30:14 -0000
>   "Jim Wilson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >There doesn't seem to be support for the std::numeric_limits
> >references added
> >in the June update.  Can we work around this?
> >
> >e.g.:
> >
> >In file included from FGFCSComponent.h:46,
> >                  from FGDeadBand.h:40,
> >                  from FGDeadBand.cpp:40:
> >./FGJSBBase.h:41:18: limits: No such file or directory
> >
> >>From FGJSBBase.h:
> >
> >#include <limits>
>
> Looks like Mathias added this. It looks like it compiles under CygWin.
> It's present under IRIX, and it's also present under whatever Linux
> Mathias is using. Strange. In any case, the #include <limits>
> statement needs to be put in the correct #ifdef block, similar to the
> rest of the c++ headers.

In FGKinemat.cpp,

Would

  while ( 0.0 < dt && fabs(Input - Output) < 0.00001) {

work for this rather than:

  while ( 0.0 < dt && !EqualToRoundoff(Input, Output) ) {

???

Sometimes the simplist solutions are best.  I would think that in many cases
integrating variations in precision on different platforms would not always be
a good thing to do.

The above line of code is the only place the limits and the EqualtToRoundoff
functions built with them, are referenced.

Best,

Jim