Erik Hofman wrote

> Sent: 16 July 2004 08:44
> To: FlightGear developers discussions
> Subject: Re: [Flightgear-devel] Spitfire
>
> Vivian Meazza wrote:
>
> > Back up with an upgraded machine - 2.8 Mhz P4, 512 Ram, Gforce 5200.
> I've
> > rebuilt Cywin, and FGFS-CVS. I've just copied the latest version of the
> > Spitfire from FGFS-0.9.4, where it was working, after a fashion, to
> > FGFS-CVS. All the files. Now it won't fly, as David pointed out. Back to
> the
> > drawing board!
>
> I already started to wonder if the Spitfire was more of a hype than
> anything else (and even started to wonder if I was such a lousy pilot) :-D

You didn't try it in 0.9.4 then? It's really easy to fly, but a little
difficult to get off the ground neatly, possible though. Landing's a doddle,
providing that there's no crosswind. Spitfires were NOT designed for
runways.

Anyway, it now works in CVS, and I'm tackling the sound right now.

Let me know how you get on, and we'll leave a judgment on lousy pilots 'til
later :-)

Regards

Vivian