Melchior FRANZ said:

> * Jim Wilson -- Wednesday 04 August 2004 20:49:
> > Can you post what you have, with the model fixed and the target-offsets
in, etc?

> attached
>
> m.

That "looks" fine (at least from pitch and roll angles).  It is off a little
bit because the model offsets (in the Models/bo105.xml file) don't match how
far the 3D model is off of 0,0,0.

Also that fdm config really should be fixed, because that will throw off your
rotations as well.  Just make your fuselage ax,ay,az = 0 and then increase the
other x and z values by .17 and .51 respectively.  If all the values are
updated then the FDM will operate the same, just with a different origin.  Of
course it is possible to just call the origin -0.17,0,-0.51 and adjust the
model to that,  but now you would really be getting tricky :-)

Also, in the case of the c310u3a model, I actually went into ac3d and and
moved the model.  Then adjust the animation entries.  It took a couple minutes
but then at least I didn't have to worry about using the model offsets any longer.

You might have noticed that the gear numbers are all screwed up too (x,y,z
mixed up).  I'm not sure what effect that would have other than maybe making
things on the ground a little strange.

It does look like the aircraft yaws a little weird when looked at exactly as
you described.  But I'm not really sure what the behavior should be.  And of
course we'd probably never notice that type of error in a non-hovering
aircraft.  Where should the pivot axis be when a bo105 is exactly hovering
(something I have trouble doing)?  What effect would centrifugal force have on
that axis once movement began?  In any case, it doesn't seem to rotate exactly
around the nose.  Sometimes it is behind the nose and sometimes it is in front
of the nose.  But as you say,  the axis isn't located near the main rotor shaft.

Best,

Jim