On Saturday 18 September 2004 23:59, Vivian Meazza wrote:
> Lee Elliott wrote:
> > Sent: Saturday, September 18, 2004 11:06 PM
> > To: FlightGear developers discussions
> > Subject: Re: [Flightgear-devel] Problem with ballistic
> > sub-model
> >
> > On Saturday 18 September 2004 19:05, Vivian Meazza wrote:
> > > I wrote

> > Hmm...  Just re-updated from cvs - no significant changes.
> > Copied over all the latest data, did a make clean in both
> > SimGear and FlightGear before re-compiling but still get no
> > change.
> >
> > This is odd.
> >
> > If it wasn't for the fact that the same model works for you
> > I'd suspect I'd got something wrong in the set-up.
> >
> > How do I fire the cannon in the Spitfire?  I can't see a
> > key-mapping anywhere.  I suppose I could fire it via the
> > property browser but that just makes me feel even more
> > strongly that there's something wrong my end.
> >
> > LeeE
>
> The Spitfire uses a trigger on your joystick - something like:
>
> <button n="1">
>   <desc>Trigger</desc>
>   <binding>
>    <command>property-assign</command>
>    <property>/systems/submodels/trigger</property>
>    <value type="bool">true</value>
>   </binding>
>   <mod-up>
>    <binding>
>     <command>property-assign</command>
>     <property>/systems/submodels/trigger</property>
>     <value type="bool">false</value>
>    </binding>
>   </mod-up>
>  </button>
>
> I would suggest that you use the property browser to test the
> Spitfire m/gs. If the cvs download was OK it is unlikely that
> there is something wrong with your system. Similarly, if the
> submodel aligns with the parent when taxi-ing at a reasonable
> speed, then, basically, it's working since it calculates the
> angles from speed N/E/D. Try these submodel settings:
>
>   <submodel>
>     <name>redbeard</name>
>     <model>Aircraft/EE-Canberra/Models/RedBeard.xml</model>
>     <trigger>/controls/armament/red-beard-released</trigger>
>     <speed>0</speed>
>     <repeat>true</repeat>
>     <delay>1.0</delay>
>     <count>-1</count>
>     <x-offset>0.0</x-offset>
>     <y-offset>-0.0</y-offset>
>     <z-offset>0.0</z-offset>
>     <yaw-offset>0</yaw-offset>
>     <pitch-offset>0.0</pitch-offset>
>     <eda>1.2</eda>
>     <wind>false</wind>
>     <buoyancy>0</buoyancy>
>   </submodel>
>
> And these:
>
> <submodel>
>     <name>redbeard</name>
>     <model>Aircraft/EE-Canberra/Models/RedBeard.xml</model>
>     <trigger>/controls/armament/red-beard-released</trigger>
>     <speed>0</speed>
>     <repeat>true</repeat>
>     <delay>1.0</delay>
> [...]

Hello Vivian,

I tried the two settings above for the Canberra and tried the
Spitfire again at dusk but I'm still getting the same results:(

I get identical behaviour with the Canberra: I'm accelerating to
about 10kt, cutting the throttle so I'm rolling down the runway,
and then hitting the release.  In both cases I leave a trail of
stationary bombs floating behind me and when I hit the brakes I
get a cluster of bombs at different pitches oriented around the
origin (still the nose of the a/c atm)

In the Spitfire I can still hear the guns firing until the ammo
is out but I can't see any tracer at all, in either cockpit or
external views.  Once the ammo's all out I can re-set the count
and the guns start firing again but still no visible tracer.

This is really odd:-/

LeeE