> > How does one create a branch? I know how to tag changed files locally:
> >
> > cvs tag -b JSB_New_XML FGAircraft.cpp FGAircraft.h
> >
> > Is that what you mean?
>
> This is for creating a branch. Then you have to tell that you are
> working on it by doing :
>
> cvs update -r JSB_New_XML FGAircraft.cpp FGAircraft.h
>
> check with :
>
> cvs status FGAircraft.cpp FGAircraft.h
>
> you should see JSB_New_XML as a sticky tag.
>
> -Fred

I did that, and saw the sticky tag. I believe JSBSim CVS is now in a good state. I
tagged
my local copy of all the "good" files with PRIOR_TO_NEW_XML_FORMAT. Then, I copied
into my
local directories the new files that are being modified for the new XML capability, and
tagged then with a branch tag (-b option) JSB_New_XML. Then, I did the cvs update as
you
specified.

Now the question I have is how do I commit my local work so that it is on a branch in
the
CVS repository? If I simply do a cvs commit does that commit my local changed files
(that
have been tagged with a branch tag) into CVS on a branch - not on HEAD?

Jon