Roberto Inzerillo wrote:

Gosh, I already offered JJ to build the observatory myself but as I see the
model you made is really good. It just needs to be placed in the scenery :-)

Anyway, I'd suggest to bring down the observatory.rgb coulour depth, it's
24bit but it needs ver few colours so the file would be smaller (42603 bytes
for a 2bit/px image is too much :-)
Or doing so is of no help for software/hardware performance at all?
I don't know the internals of FGFS and PLIB so I guess (common sense) that
reducing the colour depth of the texture files (if not strictly necessary)
is still something good to do. Please let me know if I'm wrong because I
generally tend using only 8bit/px bitmaps which is generally good enough for
such 3d models. If not, I will go back on 24bit/px.

You're absolutely right, not only will it reduce texture memory, but also rendering speed if an unnecessary alpha layer gets removed.

It's just that it's way too easy to save an alpha layer without the user noticing it :-/

Erik