Jim Wilson wrote:

From: Andy Ross

<snip>

FWIW, I also took the opportunity to re-visit the P-51D configuration
that I promised (long ago) to hack at. Attached is a version that

<snip>

Also, there is a syntax fix: the <piston-engine> tag should be a
subtag of the <propeller> tag.  Putting it immediately after the
propeller definition works only due to a lucky interaction with the
way the parser stores its "current object" pointer.  It doesn't clear
the value when it sees </propeller>, so you can get away with putting
the engine at any point in the file before the next tag that sets a
current object.

I haven't flown this enough to say whether it's worth checking in.
Let me know if anyone tries it and likes it.

This looks good. I just added it to CVS. Actually the pubs I've seen say 380 is the top speed, so I had backed it off a little with the 360. Some suggestions on how to figure these values might be good YASim Howto material. The p51d (as it was) was not making the 360 anyway, so 310 looks good and makes sense. The test flight I took was still falling well short of the 310kias (maxed @ 260) so I will do a little more testing and let you know. Many thanks for the adjustments.

Note that the speed you give to YAsim is "true" speed, not indicated airspeed. This can make a big difference up at altitude. Also, you have to pay close attention to the weight YAsim solves at versus the weight you test fly at.

Unique text: 2f585eeea02e2c79d7b1d8c4963bae2d