On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 01:50:21 +0200, Gerard wrote in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Le lundi 13 juin 2005 à 01:13 +0200, Gerard Robin a écrit :
> > Le dimanche 12 juin 2005 à 22:07 +0200, Arnt Karlsen a écrit :

> > > ...the funny thing is, FG _is_ useable for film making, and
> > > wasting some time on making an "Hollywood film" could easily land
> > > us some serious funding to do the things we wanna do.

> > > ...true, but landing a sea plane in any significant weather, means
> > > we should model sea states, waves behave differently depending on
> > > things like currents, depth, wind etc, also on lakes and rivers.

> > > ...then we have the waves made by the aircraft floats.  ;o)
> >
> > You are right and today we have to search for the best effect with
> > an object animated like the aircraft shadow. I have tried to do it
> > http://ghours.club.fr/Walrus-Villefranche1.jpg

..neat plane, but your sparkling waveless "spray" demos my point nicely,
dunk a Walrus into 5 thru 25ft seas, and you'll find that the one ton
big toothed seal can spank you mildly thru _roundly_, just like the
water the plane lands or dunks into.   ;o)

> > May be with Sparkle we could get a better aspect
>
> And I forgot: Plib include some functions in _SSG Auxiliary Libraries_
> which are very useful.

..useful to model physical forces?  Or just to hit the degauss button
remotely to simulate a nose punch?  ;o)

..don't read me as "we have enough fancy eyecandy", we need more of that
too, but we also need "running water" here.  ;o)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: