> Since the MB-339 PAN is an on-going project, we plan to release
> an improved version of the aircraft (with smokes?).

We have smoke/contrails now, but they need a lot of work:

     http://home.comcast.net/~davidculp2/contrails.jpg

They look OK from some angles, and look bad from others.  I tried to add a
smoke generator to the OV-10 model (The real OV-10 can inject oil into the
right exhaust stack to make white smoke), but it doesn't look good enough to
use.

The present system makes smoke/contrails by releasing AI objects rapidly.
There are three problems with it now:

1)  Orienting the objects properly.  Only applies for long (i.e. cylindrical,
rectangular) models.

2)  Matching the release rate to the airplane's speed.

3)  Making a smoke model that merges well with the others.  I've heard (on
this list) that this may be a plib limitation.  It may require the use of a
different visual model, like billboards or particle fields.

On the other hand, maybe a whole new tactic is needed.

Dave