On September 14, 2005 01:03 pm, Curtis L. Olson wrote:
> What would people think of abandoning our mailing lists and converting
> over to online/web-based forums?

I always wanted to ask the same question, but I have a believe that FlightGear
uses a mailing list for a reason, so I never ask.

Anway, I like the idea of having a dedicated online message board for
FlightGear.  The primary reason why I like online message board is that all
the posts in a topic are grouped under one thread and are sorted by dates,
which is more organized in my opinion.  Old discussions can also be read
easily this way.  Also, I think an online message board is more convient
because all the messages are stored in one centralized location, and people
can access the board from anywhere on any machine.  I will stop here however,
since it is pretty obvious that the majority have a different view than I do
when it comes to message board.

Perhaps one can think about removing the user list and turning it into a
message board?  I think FlightGear would be able to attract more loyal users
this way.

Ampere