On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 12:39:06AM +0200, Oliver C. wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 September 2005 19:03, Curtis L. Olson wrote:
> > What would people think of abandoning our mailing lists and converting
> > over to online/web-based forums?
>
> This is a great idea!
> I like forums and prefer them.

But you aren't a developer. Sorry, but lurkers don't
count. If the lists were to be stopped, in no time
somebody would set up an inofficial mailing list for
developers. Development doesn't happen (exclusively)
in forums. In virtually *no* software project that I
know of. The reasons have been explained. Of course,
people merely interested in entertainment may get
along with cheesy forums.

m.