On October 10, 2005 03:37 am, Erik Hofman wrote:
> Buchanan, Stuart wrote:
> > FlightGear can fetch the current weather at your
> > starting airport, or you can set the wind, cloud
> > layers etc manually. I don't know if the weather
> > conditions are global, or change as you fly to
> > different locations.
>
> It interprets the data from the nearest METAR station. The data is
> fetched from noaa.gov.
>
> Erik

In my opinion, it would be better if data from multiple nearby METAR stations
is used instead of fetching data from only one station.  I often fly with
real-weather-fetch enabled, and the plane gets a huge jolt whenever the
weather is updated.  The change in the visual aspects is also too sudden.
Using data from multiple METAR stations could avoid the above problems and
allow us to have a smooth transistion in weather.

Ampere