On Tuesday 22 November 2005 15:41, Erik Hofman wrote:
> The skylight model we are using is also based on physical properties and
>   isn't far off from the model you describe. That model however doesn't
> allow for some of the cloud colorings features we are doing.

Like in the dawn screenshot where I tried to show that off;

http://www.adeptopensource.co.uk/personal/fg/747-Heathrow-dawn_moon.jpg

> In fact our model still has a lot of potential left.
> I wouldn't want to trade it for another approach.

I don't know anything about the theory of it all, but I do know that the sky
in FG looks truly amazing at dawn and dusk in particular (colours, moon
phases, star positions etc) - and I think we are _really_ underselling FG by
not having a few screenshots illustrating that on the website.

I'm sure others can come up with much nicer ones than I have... they're all
going to offend the "darkness police" whatever :-)

Cheers,

AJ