Vassilii Khachaturov wrote:

Like in the dawn screenshot where I tried to show that off;

http://www.adeptopensource.co.uk/personal/fg/747-Heathrow-dawn_moon.jpg

[snip]
I don't know anything about the theory of it all, but I do know that the sky
in FG looks truly amazing at dawn and dusk in particular (colours, moon
phases, star positions etc) - and I think we are _really_ underselling FG by
not having a few screenshots illustrating that on the website.

Agreed 100%.

I'm sure others can come up with much nicer ones than I have... they're all
going to offend the "darkness police" whatever :-)

A trivial solution comes to mind --- create a decent out-of-cockpit
screenshot facing a scene like that. Your particular image would offend
not just the "darkness police" but the FAA as well for not sporting
the exterior aircraft lighting when it should be on!

I forget who posted this original 'dark' screen shot, but here's the issue, due to gamma differences, this image comes out completely black on my screen. From that standpoint, it's not a useful screen shot. Many people that download it are going to say, huh! This isn't an easy problem to circumvent because there is a wide swath of gamma configurations and monitors out there. But in this case, we simply need something with more light to make it widely useable.

Regards,