Enrique Vaamonde wrote:

Hi Curt,
as a matter of fact, the last line of the bt is this:

#24939 0xafc88a19 in __glim_R200TCLDrawArrays ()
  from /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/atiogl_a_dri.so
(gdb)

...after that it's all empty...any clues? am I missing something?

thank you :)

There are situations where gdb barfs and says nothing useful. Not to pick on gdb ... I've never got the borland debugger to tell me anything useful after any crash, but that's a different story. Tracking down the specific spot of a crash can sometimes be easy (if gdb plays along) or can turn into an art form if the easy tricks fail ...