On Wednesday 30 November 2005 17:34, Steve Hosgood wrote:
> or
>
> 2) Maybe the c172 doesn't have an autopilot.

It has an autopilot, but you operate it with buttons on the panel, you know,
like in Real-Life[TM].

> If the latter, then surely the dialog box ought not to be available (i.e
> be greyed out in the relevant menu).

Is this possible, Melchior, to disable the autopilot menu entry just for the
C172? I think it's the right thing to do, besides adding a big plackard with
RTFM next to the autopilot on the panel ;-) Seriously, you really need to
read the Pilots Guide for the KAP140 to operate it. It is available for
download from the Bendix/King website (Warning: it's huge! about 12MB)

https://www3.bendixking.com/servlet/com.honeywell.aes.utility.PDFDownLoadServlet?FileName=/TechPubs/repository/006-18034-0000_2.pdf

--
Roy Vegard Ovesen