Since my last post, I have found what I think is a better method at extracting
taxiways data from an airport diagram.  Instead of converting the file to
DXF, I have converted it to SVG.  Since SVG is in XML format, I was able to
do some grepping, and produce each of the followings in less than a minute.

http://www.cs.yorku.ca/~cs233144/taxiway_cyyz.svg
http://www.cs.yorku.ca/~cs233144/taxiway_ksfo.svg

The buildings data is slightly more problematic.  Since I grepped by color, I
wasn't able to differentiate buildings from non-buildings.

http://www.cs.yorku.ca/~cs233144/others_cyyz.svg
http://www.cs.yorku.ca/~cs233144/others_ksfo.svg

In anycase, this new method cuts down the work by half.  I also think that SVG
is an excellent format to work with.  So, I will continue my experiment using
this format.

Ampere