On January 12, 2006 11:02 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> This looks very cool.  Is the intent to then have some other app that
> then extracts the info from these .svg files and converts it to app.dat
> format, or allows it to be imported into TaxiDraw (so that the user can
> set properties for them -- type of surface, markings, etc.) and then
> written into apt.dat format?
>
> -c

The intent is to have another application (which doesn't exist right now) to
scale and orientate the airport properly, output a AC3D file, then match each
vertex in the model to the ground elevation.  Then, it should be a simple
matter of placing the airport on top of the terrain.  The taxiways may
present Z-buffer problems however, so we need to think this through.

Curt, do you have any idea how we might be able to get these data into FG?

Ampere