On Wednesday 19 April 2006 01:21, John Wojnaroski wrote:
> A change that large (13 knots!!) is a major wind shear.
>
> Might it make sense to provide some sort of filtering or extrapolation
> between stations to moderate such extreme changes
>
> Regards
> John W.

I also find it extremely annoying.

This also relates to the "why does my aircraft jerk suddenly" question that we
get occasionly.  Some people like to think that it is some sort of
turbulence, but the not-very-well-thought-out weather simulation routine is
the most likely suspect.

As John said, instead of relying on just one set of data from a single
station, it might make sense to take data from all the surrounding stations
and perform some extrapolation.

Ampere