-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Lee
Elliott
Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2006 3:51 PM
To: flightgear-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Flightgear-devel] F-14 undercarriage animation / Blender /
SF.net lists

On Thursday 18 May 2006 22:11, AJ MacLeod wrote:
> Forwarding this to the list as requested.  And because there
> are lots of people here much better qualified than I to answer
> the animation questions :-)
>
> Cheers,
>
> AJ

> From: "flying.toaster"
> To: AJ MacLeod
>
> Hi there
>
>  I send you this e-mail because the anti-spam at sourceforge
> is filtering my domain name (voila.fr, which is sort of like
> hotmail). I know that lots of spam come from that kind of
> domain but this restriction is kind of violent ! Do you have
> any idea how I could get my posts sent ?
>
> Here is the latest one I wanted to send regarding the tomcat
> if you want to forward it ...
>
>  I posted a preview of animations (landing gear retraction) at
> avsim forum. "
> I think I got the blender inverse kinematics right now, but I
> am wondering if this is of any use since blender uses "bones"
> as a replacement for transforms in the animations (actually
> bones are pseudo objects redefining the axes of its childs in
> the hierarchy).
>
> Bones are very elegant but I don't think there is such a thing
> on plib animations. Furthermore, animations are interpolated
> across multiple frames but how do I export a particular
> animation for a particular part (say ground spoilers) for use
> in flight gear ?
>
> I just feel like all the pretty work on blender is going to be
> useless.
>
> Anybody tried blender export before ?
>
> "
>
> regards
>
> Enrique

Hi AJ, Enrique,

there's no support for IK in FG - you'll have to use axis and the
existing rotate and translate animation methods.

This has become a lot easier to do since it was possible to
define axis by their endpoints instead of normalised values.

Getting them right when the axis is compounded between x, y & z
still requires some effort and it can help if you temporarily
bind the control-input axis for the animation you're working on
to one of your joystick axis and then, for rotation animations,
set the factor so that the rotating object rotates through 360
degrees.  This should make the rotation axis a lot clearer.

You've still got to fire up FG after each change to check stuff
though.

LeeE

security?
easier
Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on Apache
Geronimo