"Martin Doege" wrote:

> If the low tide pattern is already marked in the land cover database
> as such, [...]

No, we currently don't have the low tide marks stored in the DB but I'm
sure that we could retrieve it somewhere. For almost every area that
features such a significant tidal phenomenon there's always some
website which carries some photos or charts that we're allowed to use
for digitizing.
This task won't be done done in five minutes, some 'real' work is
required, but it should not be _that_ difficult because we don't have
to invent something totally new.

Cheers,
        Martin.