Melchior FRANZ wrote:
> * Melchior FRANZ -- Thursday 08 June 2006 20:07:
>> Here's a screeshot (for the lazy bums):
>>
>>   http://members.aon.at/mfranz/hud.jpg  [81 kB]
>
> I've now fixed the alpha problem and made the f16-hud transparent. This
> addresses Isao's valid complaints. The colors depend now on the background
> and look rather white-ish against light background, but saturated green
> against dark ones. This should be quite realistic now. Also, the HUD
> can now really be faded out, and doesn't turn to black by that. Here's
> a new screenshot:
>
>   http://members.aon.at/mfranz/hud2.jpg  [60 kB]
>
> BTW: I also commented out the time/date line. This can't be added to
> every HUD -- it needs to be requested by HUDs that want it. (This isn't
> solved yet, though.)
>
> m.

That last pic looks fantastic.

You know what would be really useful for the HUD is to be able to define
the plane that it is mapped onto as well as aspect ratio. Too bad render
to texture isn't working. That is ultimately the way to do it, IMO.
Define the name of the texture in the hud.xml file, then map it onto the
HUD glass directly in Blender or AC3D.

Josh