* Mathias Fröhlich -- Thursday 27 July 2006 18:15:
> I believe that you miss the point.

That may be ...

> The point is that we can, without loosing features, with a sensible design,
> prepare getting rid of ssg. As allmost allways, building sensible structures
> is a win even if no switch will happen.

Sure. As I said: I'm still in favor of abstracting where possible,
and of switching to OSG (when it has been officially decided!).

I just won't drop raw gl-* commands when there is no replacement in
ssg. This would be at least a temporary loss that is not justified.
You said you have a lot of OSG transition work on your HD already,
which is fine. This is a *hard* piece of work, and we will all profit
from it. BUT: I don't disassemble fgfs in *CVS* now, when the propsed,
better replacement is on *your HD* only. You can get hit by a
lightning or run over by the proverbial bus, and all we have is a
broken fgfs in *CVS*, with none of your improvements available.

> Just blocking that is not a good idea.

I'm not blocking a good idea. I'm demanding a correct handling
of the whole matter. (A) discussion, (B) decision, (C) branching,
(D) entering the shiny world of osg.

> ... did you ever look at the sceens of csp.sf.net?

occasionally, yes. I also have osg/head here and love to look at
the stunning examples. And *still* I won't cripple the HUD code
(even more) because of that.  :-P

m.