* Durk Talsma -- Thursday 07 December 2006 20:33:
> If AI really remains the only change, your solution might be workable, but
> the
> longer we keep a branched version, the more likely it becomes that there will
> be more data restructuring. And then we might regret the decision to have
> dumped the CVS PLIB base directory. So from that perspective, I'd still argue
> to keep it for a while, albeit with minimum maintenance. ;-)

Yes, something like that. I don't want to "boycott" the PLIB
branch, but it has become very tedious to commit everything to
both. And when I tried to, I ran into files where others have only
committed to HEAD, and I would have had to decide whether *I*
wanted to sync them (no fun), or risk making a bigger mess.

And that although several people already said that they use
the PLIB binary with HEAD data, which still works fine. (With
the exception of AI, maybe, but after all the tower.cxx crashes
I haven't used that much.) I'll continue to commit changes to
both source branches, as we still can't say for sure, from which
branch the next release will be made (or can we?).

m.