Martin Spott wrote:

Hi Stewart,

Stewart Andreason wrote:
I thought I was done, but you know how it goes. I thought of several ideas for improvements, and managed to write the code to do it.

How would you define "non-profit commercial use". Does your intention
meet the demands of the GPLv2 ?

Ignoring GPL issues for a moment (important though they may be), the entire concept of the Star Trek® Danube-Class® Landing Craft® is copyright© by Paramount Pictures® until about the year 2845 (assuming the US government manage to keep extending the terms as they have for the last 50 or so years).

Is it safe for FG to include such a likely target for Paramount Pictures'® Copyright© Lawyers® (*)? It looks like a great model (from the screenshots) and probably would be nice eye candy and publicity for the FG project, but it could be a ticking bomb for us. I'm rather uneasy about it all....

Steve

(*) Yes, I'm overdoing the ®'s and ©'s for effect :-)
Have you ever read the blurb on offical ST merchandise? It's plastered with them - and "tm" too (which I don't seem to have a symbol for, otherwise I'd have abused that too!).