On Friday 06 July 2007 18:03, John Denker wrote:
> 1) Where I'm coming from:  Different people are interested in different
>   parts of FlightGear.  I consider it a strength of the project that it
>   can be put to disparate purposes.

I'm sure we all agree about that, anyway.

>   1a) As for me personally, and for more than a few others, there is
>    interest in using it as a complex-aircraft procedures trainer, and
>    as an IFR procedures trainer.
I'm sure virtually all of us want FG to be suitable for that purpose.

> YMMV, but for my purposes the whole Doppler-shift thing is unhelpful.
But there's no reason whatsoever for it to be so, that I can imagine; it's in
everyone's interest that it works properly.

> The cases where the existing Doppler model works are features I don't
> use, while features I do use are cases where the existing Doppler modle
> fails.  For example:
>   -- It is comical that the ILS middle marker is strongly shifted.
>   -- It is not so comical that the ATIS broadast is redshifted
>    into unintelligibility.

These bugs actually have been worked out already.  The necessary fixes have
been made and with Maik's last patch (which was posted to the dev list, I'm
pretty sure) I'm not aware of any significant problems.  Maybe you could try
that?  I expect it will be committed soon, anyway.

Cheers,

AJ