On Tue 7 August 2007 17:57, Torsten Dreyer wrote:
> There is a bug in JSBSim causing multiengine aircraft with counterrotating
> props suffer from excessive yaw when engines are running. Significant
> aileron deflection is required to fly straight and level.
>
> I tracked down that issue and finally came to FGPropeller.cpp line 198:
>
>   vH(eX) = Ixx*omega*Sense;
>
> If I understand correctly, this is some kind of force along the rotating
> axis of the propeller and it should not be multiplied with Sense (unless
> someone mounts a wrong propeller...)
>
> Making the line
>
>   vH(eX) = Ixx*omega;
>
> removes the unwanted yaw and creates symmetrical forces and moments.
>
> The only aircrafts using counterrotating props are the P-38L and the
> SenecaII. All others should not be affected by this patch.
>
> Greetings, Torsten

May be i don't understand your remark, and i could be wrong,

but all aircraft propeller have not the same rotation direction ,
some are CCW    on the same aircraft
some are CW  on others  aircraft.

Sure there is no problem with P-38L one propeller is given
 <sense> -1 </sense>
The other is given
 <sense> 1 </sense>

so, Sense could be -1 or 1 which is significant for the propeller effect.

it is very important to keep in that calculation the Sense.

Regards
--
GĂ©rard