On Saturday 01 September 2007 09:18:18 Durk Talsma wrote:

> Right at the beginning, I found one significant problem: FlightGear /
> SimGear require plib-1.8.4, but this version no longer builds on my box
> (using gcc 4.1.2). I'm getting the following compiler error:
> This problem is fixed in CVS/SVN, so it would be natural to require
> plib-1.8.5 for the next version. That version isn't released yet, however.

Actually, I don't think there's really a problem there.  Most people (on
Linux, anyway) are just going to install the plib package that their distro
provides, which is almost certain to be 1.8.4 owing to the age of that
release.

Even on source-based distros there's no problem; The Gentoo ebuild for plib
pulls in a patch for the GCC 4.1 build issue.

If FG depended on a feature not included in plib 1.8.4 (bugfixes are always
nice of course) there would of course be a problem, but that should be fairly
easy to avoid for this release at least.

Anyway, it's great to hear that we might get some progress on another release
(and some hope of more frequent releases); I hope the Windows and Mac people
will be able to assist.

Cheers,

AJ