Hans,

On Tue, Sep 04, 2007 at 07:01:44AM -0600, Hans Fugal wrote:
> On 9/3/07, Holger Wirtz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Mon, Sep 03, 2007 at 09:07:09AM -0600, Hans Fugal wrote:
> > > libiaxclient may even work in Windows with PortAudio, though it might
> > > take some effort.
> >
> > Everyone on the list told me to produce something portable and it took
> > some time to find somethin which is portable. I think for the current
> > stae and development of the program I had done the right decissions. It
> > may not work out of the box on Windows or OSX but the base for porting
> > to non-linux is given.
>
> Sounds like you've done your homework.

I hope so :-)

> > > I think the easiest approach, after some thought, would be to drive an
> > > Asterisk instance with the Asterisk manager API. This isn't very
> > > cross-platform, though. You *could* run Asterisk in Windows on a
> > > virtual machine, or various other workarounds, but nothing
> > > user-friendly comes to mind.
> >
> > I think that noone needs to run an Asterisk server if he is using a
> > client. For the first time I can run the server and if it will be used
> > to much we have to think about setting up one at another location. The
> > server is something specialized and not for the normal user.
>
> Right, in your setup we just need one asterisk server. I was just
> brainstorming; one could use asterisk as the client via the manager
> API, but that would mean each user needs asterisk and perhaps some
> softphone. I think that might have been easier than coding up a client
> with libiaxclient, but much more hassle for the users.

Hmmm, Asterisk as a client... uhhhhh... might work but that is not a
really good solution :-/

Let's see if my birthday-edition will work (release date: 09-13-2007, my
birthday :-) ).

Regards, Holger

--
#####  #### ##  ##   Holger Wirtz         Phone : (+49 30) 884299-40
##  ## ##   ### ##   DFN-Verein           Fax   : (+49 30) 884299-70