On 01/11/2007, Tim Moore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > ...  we should concentrate on aircraft models
> > and flight dynamics, and try to interface with an existing engine.

> That depends on where your interests lie, I suppose.

By "we", I meant the Flightgear project, not the individuals in it.  I
would also be very interested in contributing to a terrain engine, but
I think it probably would need its own maintainer and team of core
developers who were focusing primarily on it, rather than building it
as a sideshow to FlightGear, especially since it would have to come
with a suite of editing tools to help people manipulate GIS data and
manually tweak scenery.

All the best,

David