* Melchior FRANZ -- Saturday 03 November 2007:
> they treat the head only as a mass on a spring,
> and completely disregard the physiology of the
> eye/equilibrium organ/brain system.

Maybe I should clarify: My idea was not that view changes
based on acceleration/inertia should be even more sophisticated,
but actually less so. I find the 12 adjustable parameters
(of which nobody ever changes a single one, but which are read
in in every single loop iteration), a bit exaggerated.

The hits that one gets on touchdown with it are IMHO unrealistic.
If I look ahead and focus on the runway, then even a rough
takedown won't make me lose the focus abruptly. The gear
takes some force, the seat takes some, the spine does, and
a lot of the rest is just compensated by the brain. And that's
beyond computability, so we can just make it feel right.
But you as pilot are certainly better qualified to judge
that than I am.

> Please post your suggested changes as a patch to the list or
> send them to me. Simply changing the code is not an option.

And that's only because that code is actively maintained, by
a single person -- by me. :-)  And just like Nasal, YASim,
JSBSim and some other code, this code isn't yet free for
uncoordinated modification by the community. Normally that's
not so strict, of course. (I'm aware that you contributed
significant parts of TerraGear, SimGear and FlightGear. :-)

But maybe you aren't even talking about Dynamic View?

m.